Labels

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Semi-Annual Training Briefs

So, twice a year, we gather together at work with our senior leaders, and discuss everything we did in the past six months and everything we are planning to do for the next six months.  This meeting (as you probably guessed from the title, is called a semi-annual training brief (SATB).  Most of you with military experience will most likely recognize it's 4-time a year counterpart, the Quarterly Training Brief (QTB).


We have our SATB tomorrow, where I once again have to justify my job performance to the senior leaders and explain everything that I have done condenced down to a single slide.  I find this process to be relatively depressing...the list of accomplishments is very small.  It's not that I haven't been working hard but rather that the work I have been doing involves a great deal of administrative and beaurocratic navigation...and I can't list "successfully navigated a rediculous beauracracy" as an accomplishment for the past six months.  At least not to the commanding general (CG).

No comments: