Labels

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Guild Problems

There is an interesting dynamic to guild membership in WoW.  First, it’s important to understand that I have never met any of these people, we work through the game, I know them by their character’s name, they only know me by my character’s name, and our only relationship is the fact that we have played a certain amount of game content together.

Unfortunately, my guild is slowly falling apart.  Several of the main members have either quit WoW altogether, have gone to other, more active (and successful) raiding guilds, or have announced that they will be playing less.  Unfortunately, this means that I can’t do the activity I originally joined for…raiding.

So I’ve applied to some other guilds to join; there is one in particular, Bound to Hell, that I’m interested in because it is made up of most of the people I missed playing with from Raiders of the Night.  But, and here’s the interesting part, I feel guilty about leaving.

Now why should I feel guilty, I joined to raid, I can’t raid with them anymore, and these are not friends, but I still feel guilty?

Interesting.

No comments: