Of the most difficult and tedious mental activities I have ever participated in, navigating the mountains of paperwork that is a government bureaucracy to discover who (personnel) is where (place of work) may be the worse; it is damn near impossible. I am not kidding about this, and I even understand (generally speaking) the system I am working in since I have been a participating member of government, specifically military, accountability for about 8 years now.
I am trying to align the people we are allowed to have with the people we do have with the people we want to have. After two weeks on this I still don’t have any idea about how well positioned we are.
I know how many people we have working for us, I know how many people the “Big Army in the Sky” thinks we are supposed to be allowed to have, and I can match those two lists up, which should tell us how many people we are allowed to request. Problem is there is a third piece in the bubble, an “on the ground” document that each installation develops to quietly move people around without telling the higher ups…it’s all very hush-hush.
It’s your government dollars at work…enjoy and sleep well and think about this the next time you think it would be a good idea if there were another government program to “help” you out.
No comments:
Post a Comment