Labels

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Arm Bending to Raid

I know it’s not “real” money, but WoW gold actually has all the characteristics of real money.  I trade it to collect other things that I want; I have to work (i.e. do something in the game that I’d rather not do such as farming for materials in order to have the resources to do the fun things later such as raiding).

I bring this up because there is a particular group of characters that I really enjoy running raids with.  It’s a small group that I now run almost exclusively with.  Tonight, we did another set of raids like we often do on Tuesday nights, but tonight we needed a “mana battery”:
Mana Battery: A character who has the ability to apply the “replenishment” buff to raid members which results in an increased mana pool for the raid.  Mana batteries are required for sustained or high burst fights to prevent casters, most notably healers, from going OOM (Out of Mana).
OK, so my main character is a Warlock.  Warlocks have three main talent “trees” they can follow: affliction, demonology, and destruction.  I am an affliction Warlock…I’ve always been an affliction lock…it’s simply the style of play I most enjoy and I’m very, very good at it

Tonight, however, we needed a mana battery and the destruction tree has a talent that provides the talent buff.  So, with just a moments notice that we needed a mana battery, I went and spent 1850 gold of my 2020 gold to acquire duel-spec (which allows me to quickly change between affliction and destro), re-glyph (spell modifications), and re-gem (certain gear that changes your combat stats).

Now I’m broke, and need to go work for the rest of the week to build up my cash reserve…again!

No comments: