So I came home today to discover that Nicci had proceeded to give away a bunch of our stuff away to friends. Now, to be fair, I knew about most of it but it's still always fun to discover that once costly acquisitions are being given away, for free, mostly just to make space for new costly, similar, costly acquisitions.
Some of the things we got rid of were an older bed so we can make room for the baby's crib...which will eventually be a bed, which will eventually need to be replaced with...wait for it...a bed just like the one we just got rid of.
Similarly, we are getting rid of some old dishes to make room for the baby bottles and other assorted equipment. This will be fine until the kid is old enough to need plates, at which point we will need to go out and buy...wait for it...dishes like the ones we just got rid of.
This seems to be a pretty common problem that most parents have. There might be an enterprise or business solution to this. I'll have to think about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment