I got married on July 5th. This is an excellent date for marriage because it creates a singular advantage that only occurs a couple of times a year; it is a federal holiday that is recognized by all states and it is a holiday that typically does not involve gatherings (such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years. The advatage is that your friends can make the wedding date and you have a built-in long weekend every year for your anniversary. Sweet.
I did, however, discover a downside to this particular date...long postage blackouts. I hate going shopping so the internet is my lifeline. If I can buy it online I will buy it online. Unfortunately, online purchases does require shipping.
I didn't want my gift to arrive while my wife was home and I wasn't, so I waited until Thursday to purchase it with overnight shipping, thinking I would be home Friday to recieve it. Unfortunately, I discovered too late that overnight in this case means next business day...Friday is a Federal Holiday, Saturday and Sunday no delivery. There was also a notice that if I didn't get the order in early on the particular day it pushed everything else back a day...so there goes Monday.
So, I have no gift for my wife today; but that's OK...I don't think she got me anything either so I win come Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment